Friday, July 6, 2012

Inspired to Art (7)

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney was a neat story about a modern girl dealing with very old magic.It was a good read and I liked it. Perhaps even better than the story, though, is the totally cool cover. There are intricate tattoos, and a mysterious bottle of red stuffs. Those who have read this book will know that the bottle holds the elusive Elixir of Life. The cover inspired me to make my own bottle.

I started with the coolest bottle I could find. It's not exactly the same, but it triangular and seemed to fit the theme. Then I added the gems and metal pieces and jewels of varying shapes and materials.

The red liquid is just water, flour (to make it thick) and a few glittery pieces. It looks a little like strawberry juice, but work as an elixir, no?

Some paint to make the bottle look vintage, and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment