Friday, July 13, 2012

Fear Street Flashback (30)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in November, 1996.

Well okay. I like this little Fear Street ditty a lot. There is not a lot of gruesome scenes, and most of the tension comes from an unusal place- school. When Lenny gets bullied by a teacher at school, the book brings up a very real issue that does not get a lot of mention in today's press at all. It makes Lenny so mad, too, which is great cause for concern by his friends. Spencer was very alluring and I couldn't help but like him. I wanted to see him get together with Diane! And then I also really enjoyed hanging out with everyone at night. After midnight provides a perfectly mysterious and dazzling setting for whatever activities might occur. This is a fun addition to the Fear Street series, and the ending will catch you by surprise!

Fear Rating: 2 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment