Friday, July 20, 2012

Fifty Shades of Songs

I recently finished the Fifty Shades trilogy by E.L. James. A very interesting trilogy, to say the least. Some completely seductive characters, some, um, interesting scenarios, and a few tense moments here and there. A worthwhile read, if you are not embarrassed by blushing from a book. But one of things that struck me as unique was how my mind constantly thought of songs while reading the story. For example, I would be driving to work and hear a song on the radio that would make me think of Christian Grey. Has this ever happened to any of you?

Here are a few songs that struck me as a good soundtrack for the book.

Fix You by Coldplay
Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons
West Coast by Coconut Records
S&M by Rhianna
At Last by Etta James
Hurts So Good by John Cougar Mellencamp

There is an official playlist at E.L. James' website, but these are just a few songs I think she left off. I like Christian's taste in music. And I love it when authors pair playlists to their books!

No comments:

Post a Comment