Monday, July 23, 2012

Dark Heart Rising by Lee Monroe

Though I liked the first book, Dark Heart Forever, I came away feeling unsatisfied. This second book, Dark Heart Rising, left me feeling the same way.

The story felt disjointed between Luca's story and Jane's point of view. These two characters play much better together. Apart, it was frustrating to see how they each still felt towards each other, but were denied these emotions. I was also disappointed in the way Jane so easily invited the new boy Soren into her life. That guy was a weasel! Totally creepy. I didn't like him at all, and didn't want Jane to go with him without thinking more carefully about what she was doing.

Also, I think it may have been too much to have vampires, angels (fallen and good), werewolves, and a myriad of other creatures all vying for attention. Perhaps Lee Monroe wasn't totally sure, exactly, what she wanted the book to be about. I have the third book, Dark Heart Surrender, already in my TBR pile. I will read it, but I won't hold high hopes for a good story. This trilogy may just not be for me.

Overall Rating: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment