Friday, July 23, 2010

The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Haven Moore has had memories of a girl named Constance and a boy named Ethan for as long as she can remember. The story in these memories is always the same - Ethan and Constance loved each other deeply. But the people in her small, religious Tennessee town do not take kindly to her visions, and shortly before her eighteenth birthday, she flees to New York City in search of some answers from the mysterious Ouroboros Society. Once there, it doesn't take her long to run into celebrity heir Iain Morrow, who seems to know an awful lot about her life. As Haven gets closer to figuring out who Constance was and what may really have happened, dangerous things start to occur around her. Learning the truth may cost her more than she knows!

This book was just okay. I was surprised by the amount of devil imagery and lore. Was not expecting to see that, but that's not what turned me off. I found I had to work a bit harder to suspend my disbelief during a bunch of scenes. It wasn't entirely disappointment though, there were good parts too. I liked the best friend Beau (gay football player? yes, please!) but there was not nearly enough of him. And I was intrigued by the thoughts on past lives and a society to benefit those with gifts, but I didn't think it was as built out as it could have been. There was a lot of hype leading up to this book, and it simply didn't measure up for me. If there is a sequel, I will most likely pass.

Overall Rating: 3 Stars

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one passed my radar. Thanks for blogging about it. I'll look it up.

Post a Comment