Monday, March 19, 2012

Inspired to Art (4)

Tom Angleberger's Origami Yoda books are not only brilliant, but they are also funny, smooth, and flawless. I loved them when I read them, and have bought a set for two other important people in my life. One such person was Owen, who also loved the books (well how could you not?!?). We were inspired to make our own Origami Yoda, following Tom's clever instructions in the back of the first book. We cracked each other up all day making the voice and listening to Origami Yoda's sage advice.


















Then in the second book, there was an even more clever Star Wars game that can be played with paper. This game I wanted to play with the other important person in my life, as we are both longtime Star Wars and game-playing fans. I had never heard of the "flick-pen" method of playing a game, but it was utterly awesome. And so fun! Check out our game board. I was the Dark Side with TIE fighters, and he was the Rebel Alliance. There is no doubt who is the better artist here, but when it came down to one ship each, I was the victor!

1 comment:

Post a Comment