Monday, March 26, 2012

Angel Fire by L.A. Weatherly

I was unsure about starting in on this next installment in the Angel Burn series. The first book was more enjoyable than I had originally anticipated, as can be seen in my review. But something was keeping me from getting excited about this next book. Perhaps it was the over-exposure to angel paranormals. Regardless of the reason, when I finally picked it up, the story performed better than I expected.

The action in chapter one picks up right where the first book leaves off, which is always appreciated by me. There's no better way to start a sequel than with action directly after the first book. no lazy daisy taking your time getting back into the story! In fact, the action was better overall in this book than in the first. Action can go such a long way in the reader's pleasure! I liked that there was so much fighting and gun-shooting action. I still love the way angels are evil in this series.

The characters were just so-so. Willow was fine, with her complex relationship with her two selves. I honestly wanted to see more of her struggle, instead of her just pushing her angel side down. Alex was a bore, being way too over-dramatic one moment, and then being for too submissive in the next. The introduction of Seb was a saving point, as the conflict he brought to both Alex and Willow was intense. I would have to agree with Willow that the choice is tricky.

There is supposed to be on more book to round out this trilogy, and though I hesitate to get excited about it, I know I will pick it up to see the fate of these characters.

Overall Rating: 3 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment