Friday, March 16, 2012

Fear Street Flashback (26)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in July, 1991.

Here's one of those rare Fear Street stories that seems off somehow. The premise is simple enough - someone going around doing terrible things at a sleep-away camp in the woods. And yet something felt different here. The girls being counselors at camp was great, especially with Uncle Bill and the conflict between Holly and Geri. Loved the red feather clues. Perhaps it was that the counselors didn't seem to be much older than the kids. Holly was totally unprepared and Debra was way more mean than she had to be. One thing I will say I really liked about this story was the ending. A total surprise. Not who you'd think at all! Oh, and I like the cover. The colors flow well together, and Holly totally has my style (jeans and hoodie). So while I do think this is one of the weaker-written books, I did enjoy the story.

Fear Rating: 2 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment