Monday, January 2, 2012

Cover Copycat (1)

For all of the hundreds of thousands of stock images out there, it never ceases to amaze me when the same photo shows up on multiple book covers.

At the same time, it always tickles me to discover books with look-a-like covers. The most recent spotting was while I was reading Forgotten by Cat Patrick. Opened up my weekly PW magazine and BAM! The cover girl for The Legacy of Eden sure looks familiar! It's apparent there was some editing done to the Forgotten girl's shirt, and as a result, I think I like the Legacy girl better.



And to be fair, my copy of Forgotten is the UK cover. The US cover changed to the below photo. So perhaps this was not a case of cover copy, but rather a case of different licenses for different countries. The cover designers are forgiven for this case.

1 comment:

eecinwonderland said...

The blog looks awesome, Chelsea! Thanks for sharing. Fun stuff!!

Post a Comment