Friday, September 16, 2011

Fear Street Flashback (21)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in April, 1994.

This little addition to the Fear Street series was instantly one of my favorites. It was funny, not too spooky, and best of all, it was CLEVER. Bobby Newkirk is written way over the top as the all-knowing, conceited jerk. Which probably makes this a great book for teen girls with revenge-against-their-ex-boyfriends fantasies. Bree and Samantha Wade were total rock stars, with the tricks they pulled. And although I wasn't not sure what would happen until the very end, I knew it was going to be something big. What was also surprising about this title was how modern and simple the story was. There was no need to add chilly past history about creepy Fear Street characters. The Wade Twins had it covered themselves. I love this little Fear Street book!

Fear Rating: 3 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment