Friday, November 18, 2011

Fear Street Flashback (23)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in January, 1997.

Besides having a title that is way too long for the length of the story, this book is just about perfect. Actually that's not true. I am also a little disappointed that we never actually got to go to the homecoming dance. But the rest of the book was great! Tania makes a nice character to feel confused about - sometimes you think she has too much, but then other times she is so nice that you can't help but like her. Plus there is the twist that Keith is making a horror movie amidst all the real-life terror. I liked Eva (Tania's best friend) for the narrator, as watching the story unfold through her eyes kept me on the edge of my seat. The reader only knows as much as Eva knows, and her innocence made from some pretty intense scenes!

Fear Rating: 2 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment