Friday, August 3, 2012

Fictional Recipes (5)

Real Mermaids Don't Hold Their Breath is the second in a cute series by Helene Boudreau that has an added bonus of easy to make dessert recipes at the back of the book. The first book had Mug Cake, which was delicious. The recipe in this second book sounded weird at first... Chocolate Popcorn. But the scene where this late night snack appears is a super tender moment, so I decided to try my own hand at making this odd sounding (and odd looking!) treat.

First the ingredients, which were very simple. Popcorn kernels, brown sugar, chocolate chips, and butter. I chose Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips.
  Then melt the ingredients and pop the kernels.
For the final step, pour the warm mixture over the popcorn and mix until the tasty goodness touches every piece of popcorn. It looks a little funky and unfinished. 
But when I put the first taste in my mouth, I was pleasantly surprised. Beware, this stuff is addicting! The chocolate and brown sugar turned the plain popcorn into such yummy morsels that I couldn't stop eating them. This is a recipe I will definitely make again!

I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe in book number 3. If history proves anything, it's bound to be a tasty one!

No comments:

Post a Comment