Monday, July 4, 2011

Never Knowing by Chevy Stevens

Sara Gallagher is a woman who understands how important parents are. Not only was she adopted and grew up with foster parents, but she is also a single mother of a six-year-old daughter named Ally. Now happily engaged to Evan and feeling good about her life, Sara decides to give looking for her real birth mother one last shot. To her surprise she finds her mother, which quickly leads to figuring out who her biological father is. Unfortunately, it turns out her real father is a very well-known and dangerous man. Equally as bad is the fact that now that he knows who Sara is, he won't leave her alone.

Never Knowing is a fabulous sophomore novel by Chevy Stevens. Her first book, Still Missing, had me on the edge of my seat and ignoring everything around me until I finished it. This book had me feeling the same way. Such high tension! Chevy Stevens creates intense emotions in poor, tortured Sara. I felt bad for those around her, like Ally, Evan, and her sisters, because of the way she was so focused on the terrible things that were happening to her. As much as the reader knows how horrific Sara's real father is, Stevens is careful to write him realistically. There were a few moments when I was even rooting for him. The plot is narrated through Sara via her recorded sessions with her psychologist, and I think this ends up working very well. The twist ending was not necessary, but definitely gave me an OMG moment. Make sure you put aside enough time because once you start this book, you will want to sit in one place until you finish it. I am looking forward to more from Chevy!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment