Monday, May 23, 2011

Entangled by Cat Clarke

Grace's world has been reduced to an all-white room and bathroom. There is one window up high and one door which is always locked. Her captor is a mysterious (and attractive) guy named Ethan. Besides three meals a day, the only thing Ethan allows Grace to have is blank paper and pens. So Grace has been writing about the events that happened before Ethan kidnapped her. But the more Grace writes, the more she remembers. And the more she remembers, the weirder things become.

Entangled was very well written. I felt claustrophobic and trapped in the room with Grace's memories. This book gave me some seriously weird dreams. Probably thanks to Grace feeling so crazy and confused. Ethan was such an intriguing character, and I totally could not get enough of him. Grace's friends Nat and Sal seemed too hot and cold for me. I wanted to yell at Grace some moments, and wish I could be as lucky as her in other moments. And I liked being able to guess along the way as to what was really happening. Even though readers may think they guess correctly, the final chapter is a whirlwind climax no one could turn away from. I cannot wait for Cat Clarke's next book!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment