Friday, April 29, 2011

Bound by Book-to-Movie Law: Water For Elephants

Book-to-Movie Law states that once you have read the book, you are bound by the media to go see the movie based on said book, and therefor compare to two.

When they first announced this movie I was immediately excited, and then almost as immediately hesitant. As one of my favorite books, it's hard to think a movie could possibly do it any justice. I was equally unsure about Robert Pattinson being in it. But when all was said and done, the movie was good. It entertained, it told a story, it had incredible costumes (I want some!). Though this was certainly not an easy movie to watch. There is brutal animal cruelty, and more gory fist fights than I thought would be crammed into a movie about love. August, played by Christoph Waltz, was very good. Even Mr. Pattinson was watchable. All in all, while I loved watching the costumes and sets and animals perform, the book ignited imagination far more.

Bottom Line: The book was better.

No comments:

Post a Comment