Monday, November 15, 2010

Fear Street Flashback (10)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in February, 1995.

What fun! A Truth or Dare game gone bad! What potential this premise has! Unfortunately, RL Stine doesn't quite measure up to all of the possibilities. I immediately liked all of the characters, even bad boy Tony, who wasn't supposed to be at the house. Dara was great and had a little trouble-maker streak in her too... I wished we could have spent more time with her! I also liked the setting of a ski lodge with no adults around and only friends to keep you company. How fun is that?? Of course, things did go bad, but still the thought of all the snow and beautykept me glued to the pages. And I was definitely surprised by the ending. Totally did not see that one coming. A good book and fun to read, but there just wasn't enough evidence of a threat to really have me spooked anywhere.

Fear Rating: 1 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment