Saturday, April 24, 2010

Fear Street Flashback (2)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in May, 1992

Special Mother's Day edition! Killer is motivated by hatred of mother! In other news, this book is particularly creepy, because the main character (and therefor the main VICTIM) is named Chelsea. Ack! But since it's Fear Street, my don't-read-books-about-Chelsea's rule does not apply. I like this story, in all honesty. I think it's scary (Chelsea spends a lot of time alone in her house and her place of work at night) and sweet (the other man Sparks, friend Nina, and even a Shadyside Cop are uber concerned about Chelsea). Will is a terrifying idea of a blind date. No thank you! My last note is about the cover art, which was always a little too plain for my tastes. The poor girl looks like she is ready to keel over from his onion breath...

Fear Rating: 3 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment