Monday, January 16, 2012

Fracture by Megan Miranda

I had a tough time deciding if this book was a deep look into the psyche of human kind, or a fluffy paranormal romance. I think the answer is that it touches upon both.

The romance between Decker (totally dreamy!) and Troy (tortured) is thick and all-consuming. Decker was definitely my favorite pick for Delaney. He was so tender and sweet and they seemed to really get each other, like they truly were soul mates. Troy fed into Delaney's fear and confusion over what was happening to her, but the romance there was more the kind that doesn't last. So Decker makes my list for guys-I-wish-would-jump-out-of-books-and-into-my-real-life.

And then the paranormal element of Delaney being able to sense when someone is going to die was the other half of the story. A well thought-out power, but a drain on the characters. As a credit to Megan Miranda, the characters reacted very realistically to Delaney's accident, and then her twisted recovery. Especially Delaney's parents - it was so nice to see them involved! But for such a short book, I didn't feel like there was any resolution to Delaney understanding her powers, or any true acknowledgement from others about what she could now do.

Fractured is a short but all-consuming book about death, love, and what it means to be alive.

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment