Friday, February 18, 2011

Outside In by Maria V. Snyder

It feels like only yesterday when Trella was just a pipe scrub, sleeping in the air ducts and causing trouble wherever she went. Now, she is an underground leader with a large spotlight on her. Since the rebellion, everyone in Inside knows who she is. But it seems the shift in the people has done more harm than good. As unrest spreads, strange and dangerous things begin to happen to Inside. Before long, it is almost impossible for Trella to know who to trust, who is double-crossing her, and what she can do to fix things. And something from Outside wants in...

Omigosh I have totally been waiting for this book since reading the first in the series, Inside Out. I loved that book. Reading this one felt great to be back in the claustrophobic world of Trella and Riley and the others. But overall, I was not as impressed as I was the first time around. Perhaps it is because this story is quite heavy on the politics, creating tensions with who is controlling people instead of with thrilling chase scenes. Also, I felt there was not as much human interest on Trella's part - she seemed much more cold and detached in her relationships than in the first book. Still, this was a great read with plenty of exciting scenes and twists. I missed getting all new tech gadgets, but it was enjoyable to be re-acquainted with a few favorites from before. Maria Snyder has a way of writing that makes me feel like I am watching her stories on TV, rather than reading them. The action flows and the reader is never left for long without a clue to knowing more. Will there be another book in this series? I certainly hope so!

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment