Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bound by Book-to-Movie-Law: The Romantics

Book-to-Movie Law states that once you have read the book, you are bound by the media to go see the movie based on said book, and therefor compare to two.

I read this whole book on the plane from Detroit to LA, and I usually don't read on planes at all. It was engrossing and I couldn't put it down. Some scenes felt like they were written expressly for a movie version, there was no denying that. I missed this movie when it was out in theaters, so it feels like I have been waiting forever to watch it on DVD! The similarities between book and movie are very strong. This is a very close comparison. As well it should be, because the author also wrote the film script and directed the movie. How's that for a smooth book-to-movie transition? When all is said and done, however, I think I preferred imagining the scenes in my own head as opposed to watching them on screen. I mean, those bridesmaid dresses....!?!

Bottom Line: I liked BOTH but the book pulls ahead by a narrow margin.

No comments:

Post a Comment