Friday, April 16, 2010

My Soul To Keep by Rachel Vincent

This series continues to capture my interest and attention since My Soul To Take was reviewed here.

Kaylee Cavanaugh is at a typical high school party, avoiding drinking and dancing with her studly boyfriend Nash, when a car accident outside reveals Demon's Breath in the driver's body. She soon discovers that a few boys in her school are using the dangerous Netherworld substance to get themselves super high. Then someone very close to her gets a little too involved and needs her help. Some tough decisions are presented, and the book speeds off to a very climactic ending!

The Soul Screamers books are always quick reads, but ones I can't put down until I finish. I totally love the character of grim reaper Tod, because he is funny and a genuinely good guy. I would like to see a book from his point of view some day! I like Nash too, but there were a lot of moments in this story where I found myself wanting nothing more than for Kaylee to dump him and move on. The Netherworld descriptions make it seem like both a breathtakingly beautiful and terrifying place to see. Vincent writes well-choreographed fight scenes that get my heart pumping. And I like that the high school featured so prominently in this story. I would like to see more of the town landmarks in the future.

This series continues to reel me in with cleverness and plenty of twists and turns. Can't wait for number four!

Overall Rating: 4 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment