Saturday, April 3, 2010

Bound by Book-to-Movie Law: Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Book-to-Movie Law states that once you have read the book, you are bound by the media to go see the movie based on said book, and therefor compare to two.

I have been a looking forward to this movie. Go ahead and laugh. I've read all of the books, and the trailer made me laugh. It's really not the greatest story out there, especially if you're looking for a positive influence on young boys. But the film came out this weekend, and I saw it today.

It was... good. I had fun. Laughed a little, was grossed out plenty. A very good, very close adaptation of the first book. I thought the casting was spot on, especially for Greg's brother, Roderick. And no review of the movie can go without mentioning the cheese touch. There is a small part of me that wishes I were still in middle school, just to see if this cheese touch phenomenon spreads through classrooms everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment