Monday, December 20, 2010

Cover Colors Part 6

For someone who reads as many books as I do, covers are essential to capturing my attention. Sure, there can be an intriguing premise blurbed on the back, or tantalizing quotes from other authors I love on the front, but first and foremost, the cover has to take my breath away. In the last month, I read two books with cover art that was really not at all interesting to me. But the books turned out to be AMAZING and very enjoyable. Which led me to this month's Cover Colors. I loved Glimmerglass and was blown away by how awesome Across the Universe was. But the mirror image on the covers? BORING. Blah. For Split (can you see the faces in the keys?) and Minder, the stories weren't nearly as captivating, but they had the same style art on the covers. Maybe because the top two books dressed up the mirror images more? Maybe it's the vertical presentation versus the horizontal? What are your thoughts? I would love to hear from others who have also read these books!
















No comments:

Post a Comment