Friday, March 25, 2011

Bound by Book-to-Movie-Law: Beastly

Book-to-Movie Law states that once you have read the book, you are bound by the media to go see the movie based on said book, and therefor compare to two.

One word: costumes. The costumes made this movie truly come to life. Such beautiful, dreamy, awe-inspiring dresses! And interior decorating, too! I am a fan of Alex Finn, and loved Beastly. It was a neat updating of Beauty and the Beast, and captured my imagination. But to see it on the big screen... well it far exceeded my expectations. Mary-Kate Olson was over-the-top cheesy but beautiful in her witchy role. The make-up gory scars on Kyle was horrifying. The movie was cute. Sweet. Perfect for a rainy, gray day. I would definitely recommend reading the book first - especially because of the ending - and then enjoy the movie!

Bottom Line:
The movie was fun! The visuals made the whole thing and therefore I think the movie wins this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment