Friday, August 20, 2010

Firelight by Sophie Jordan

Jacinda is a surviving draki, a dragon that can also take human form. There are not many left in the world, and the ones that remain go to great lengths to hide themselves from human discovery. So when she pulls a late night stunt that almost gets her killed by a gang of human hunters, she puts her entire pride at risk. Rather than suffer a terrible punishment, Jacinda's mom moves the family (or what's left of it) to a place where Dragon King Severin cannot find them. But what Jacinda finds instead is a breathtaking boy named Will. Unfortunately, Will is involved with dragon hunters, a fact which means certain death for Jacinda. Will Jacinda be able to keep her true identity a secret? And more importantly, can Jacinda and Will overcome their destinies to relish in true love?

Dragons are not my first choice for paranormal beings, but WOW I liked this book. Major credit goes to the first three chapters for totally sucking me in! I think I literally swooned the first time Jacinda and Will met. Their forbidden love was more forbidden than I have seen in a long time. Will is a hunter and she is the prey - HOT!! I also liked the unpredictable actions of Jacinda's mother. Not only was she present in Jacinda's life, but the choices she made were pivotal to the plot. I thought Jacinda's voice was very cute - sarcastic with witty timing. Not overly forced or dramatic, but very true to how teenagers might talk and think these days. Some laugh out loud moments in between those dreamy, romantic ones! Sophie Jordan also wrote some intense action sequences that had me reading feverishly towards the climax. A lot of fun to read. Thank you Sophie Jordan! Can't wait for more!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment