Thursday, March 19, 2009

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare


This book was a last minute buy before heading out to Tucson, AZ for a few days. The car ride is loooong, and even though I had plenty of other books with me, I started this one right away and ended up reading it for most of the trip.

Surprisingly good. Was not sure what I expected, but it is always a delight to be sucked into a good book.

The first scene really captured my attention and never let it go from there. Clare has created a neat paranormal world unlike the others out there similar to this. I especially love how the main character, Clary, is so strong and does what she knows to be right, even when she is terrified. It should be easily identifiable with the older teen crowd, with themes of first love, independence, and adventure. The pace never slowed, the characters were fascinating, and the ending left me reaching for more!

Book 2, City of Ashes, comes out in paperback THIS MONTH. My copy is already ordered. Can't wait to read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment