Friday, September 14, 2012

Fear Street Flashback (32)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in April, 1997.

Classic Fear Street goodness. The twists in this one keep coming right up until the end. I liked that the POV was from Sydney (the rich girl) and not Emma, who gets all of the action. As a storyteller, Sydney was very dry and uninteresting, but it was also perfect because then the reader was in the dark as to what was happening around her. This story is isn't scary with the paranormal, but there is plenty of tension around three kids sharing a huge secret. Jason in particular provides most of the nervous bits, and I liked that he was equally likeable and bothersome. It is fun to think of what I would do if I found a bag of discarded money! My only complaint with this book is again, the lack of parents in the girls' lives. Other than that, The Rich Girl is a quick read, and a nice addition to the Fear Street world.

Fear Rating:  out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment