Friday, March 2, 2012

Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi

With all of the dystopian, post-apocalyptic literature I've been reading lately, I was beginning to think the stories were all blending together. I was starting to think that the genre may be coming to it's fill-line. Then Under the Never Sky comes along and rocks my world.

Peregrine and Aria are two of the most interesting characters I have read so far this year. Peregrine alone had many layers to his personality, all of them interesting. Aria is so brave and able to overcome what is thrown at her, from information to fights. Perry is a strong male with a very sensitive side. Won't give away too much, but I found myself really enjoying the tribal aspect to the Outside world. The Aether storms kind of felt like a minor character themselves, too. It's both scary and neat to think of weather that is so unlike our own.

Veronica Rossi's choice to alternate chapters between the two was brilliant. It gives the reader ample time to be inside both Perry an Aria's heads. This was particularly good for me, as both character were suffering from fish-out-of-water syndrome and to see the new land through their eyes was breath-taking and shocking. There was the perfect balance between down time and action scenes. I must say that while I was enjoying the way this story was wrapping up at the end, it also left a huge question to answer in the next one! Must read the next book!

Overall Rating: 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment