Sunday, January 23, 2011

Fear Street Flashback (13)

Why? Because FEAR STREET was like, my favorite series growing up.

Originally released in June, 1989.

I thought I would start the new year with the very first Fear Street novel. The New Year and The New Girl!

Cory Brooks falls head over heels for new girl Anna Corwin, especially her otherworldly, ethereal good looks. Thoughts of her screw up his concentration on everything from schoolwork to gymnastics practice. But when Cory begins to get spooky messages that Anna is dead, the real horror begins. Really! This was a spooky book and a great introduction to the notorious Fear Street. I liked that the main character was a gymnast rather than the more common football or basketball player. And even though I felt bad for Cory's poor friend Lisa, I was just as curious as he was about the new girl Anna. This classic 80's cover art is such fun, too, making the girl look ghostly. A good place to start if you've never read any Fear Street before!

Fear Rating: 2 out of 3 Screams

No comments:

Post a Comment